Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Bloodbath

I made the first mistake of being a degenerate this weekend. I bet on the opening weekend of a sport basically on the blind. I only knew about what I saw from these teams last year and went with it. Well, it cost me in the wallet.

I took the Over Oregon-Boise St., and a team that averaged close to 40 a game last year, didn't have a first down until the 3rd quarter. Just rip up that ticket.

Then, I had the Over in the Illinois-Missouri game. Illinois is loaded atheletically and should put up 30. Wrong! Illinois lost their best player, WR Arreilous Benn early in the game, and they could not score for their lives. Another torn ticket.

Last, I was hoping LSU could salvage my weekend against Washington. Washington was horrific last season, and LSU brought back most of their team from last year. Well, the Huskies just moved the ball up and down the field all night, and LSU winds up not covering. If that garbage touchdown at the end of the game would've cost me this bet, my foot would've went into my TV, ala James Caan in The Gambler with his radio in the bathtub losing a basketball bet when Jerry West missed 3 free throws in a row, and outta nowhere you heard, "SPENCER HAYWOOD!"

Let's try to look at this in a positive way. At least we got the bloodbath over with early. Now, it is time to roll out the winners left and right.

Here is how we look after last weekend:

Lost $1485 ($550+$550+$385), so the bankroll is down to $8515. (I feel like the stock market at the end of George W. Bush's presidency).

We need an easy and fast winner, so what will we do?

In Tim Lincecum we trust...especially against the Padres.

We will wager $810 to win $300 on the SF Giants on Tuesday at -270.

We will also wager $342 to win $300 on the Run Line in the same game (win by more than 1.5 runs) at -114.

Hopefully, this game is in the bag, otherwise, I should just start writing a blog on my trip to Gambler's Anonymous.

No comments:

Post a Comment