Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Bet

We know America loves sports, but common sense also tell us something else. Sports betting is as American as apple pie. It controls sports programming, and if you think otherwise, why are there now Thursday, Friday, Sunday, and Monday college football games? Why did the NFL start Monday Night Football? Why are ESPN's Sunday Night Baseball games usually the only baseball game left on the schedule that night?

Simple answer is, sports betting. Wayne Root, a famous Vegas handicapper has stated this common sense in the past. It is ways for the common degenerate to have one last grasp on getting his/her fix. The television networks are no fools either. They know this, and exploit it. They make money off of our sickness, but we still love them for it.

The premise for this is simple. I will start off with a $10,000 bankroll. I will post my wages on the site, with how much I'm risking, winning, etc. I will always use ScoresandOdds.com for the lines.

Along the way, the new novice bettor will learn new terms and lingo that really, only true degenerates know and say. I will keep a Glossary on the site for some of these terms, so if you are not understanding, you can grasp the grammar.

Now for this week's wages:
I will take the Over (65) in tonight's Oregon-Boise St game. Risking $550 to Win $500
(Yes, one thing in life you will always have to do, is pay the Vig).
We like Over games here, makes the game you bet and watch more exciting!!! Lets risk $550 to Win $500 on the Over (61) in the Missouri-Illinois game.
Lastly, I really would of taken Charleston Southern +73 over Florida, but it was not on the board. The 1985 Chicago Bears could play some Pop Warner 12 year old team, and I would still would not lay that kind of wood.

So, I will take LSU -18 over Washington. This one, we will risk $385 to Win $350.
So, the wages are:
Over 65 Oregon-Boise St. $550/$500
Over 61 Missouri/Illinois $550/$500
LSU -18 $385/$350
There you have it. The needle went into the arm. I will probaly need an intervention by December.

No comments:

Post a Comment